Rubia Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Rubia Group LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Rubia Group LLC conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
The policy of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and anti-discrimination applies to all aspects of the relationship between Rubia Group LLC and its vendors, subcontractors, employees, including:
- Working conditions.
- Wages and salary administration.
- Employee benefits and application of policies.
The policies and principles of EEO also apply to the selection and treatment of independent contractors, personnel working on our premises who are employed by temporary agencies and any other persons or firms doing business for or with Rubia Group LLC.
Dissemination and Implementation of Policy
The officers of Rubia Group LLC will be responsible for the dissemination of this policy. Directors, managers and supervisors are responsible for implementing equal employment practices within each department. The HR department is responsible for overall compliance and will maintain personnel records in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Rubia Group LLC administers our EEO policy fairly and consistently by:
- Posting all required notices regarding employee rights under EEO laws in areas highly visible to employees.
- Advertising for job openings with the statement “We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
- Posting all required job openings with the appropriate state agencies.
- Forbidding retaliation against any individual who files a charge of discrimination, opposes a practice believed to be unlawful discrimination, reports harassment, or assists, testifies or participates in an EEO agency proceeding.
- Requires employees to report to a member of management, an HR representative or the general counsel any apparent discrimination or harassment. The report should be made within 48 hours of the incident.
- Promptly notifies the general counsel of all incidents or reports of discrimination or harassment and takes other appropriate measures to resolve the situation.
Harassment is a form of unlawful discrimination and violates Rubia Group LLC policy. Prohibited sexual harassment, for example, is defined as unwelcome sexual advances, request for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
- Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual’s employment.
- Submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individuals.
- Such conduct has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment.
Harassment also includes unwelcome conduct that is based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Harassment becomes unlawful where:
- Enduring the offensive conduct becomes a condition of continued employment, or
- The conduct is severe or pervasive enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive.
Rubia Group LLC encourages vendors, subcontractors and employees to report all incidents of harassment to a member of management or the HR department. Rubia Group LLC conducts harassment prevention training for all employees, and maintains and enforces a separate policy on harassment prevention, complaint procedures and penalties for violations. Rubia Group LLC investigates all complaints of harassment promptly and fairly, and, when appropriate, takes immediate corrective action to stop the harassment and prevent it from recurring.
Violations of this policy, regardless of whether an actual law has been violated, will not be tolerated. Rubia Group LLC will promptly, thoroughly and fairly investigate every issue that is brought to its attention in this area and will take disciplinary action, when appropriate, up to and including termination of employment.